Friday, June 22, 2012

Potty training anyone?

Lately my almost 2yr old  has been telling me when he needs his diaper changed, so yesterday I figured we would start the whole potty training thing again. We talked about how he needed to go on the potty and not in his diaper and I told him to tell mommy when he needed to go. We ended the day with no success, but I wasn't too discouraged because he was actually showing interest in it. Then this morning while he was eating breakfast he informed me that his diaper needed changed and he wanted to try and go potty. He actually said the words "try" and "potty." I was super excited he had told me, and we ran to the potty to try. We sat for a few minutes and nothing happened so I figured that he had maybe gotten confused and told me after he had already went. We walked into the living room to get him some underwear just as my husband was getting home from a breakfast, so I stopped to talk to him for a moment before getting the underwear. As we were talking I happened to glance over at my son just in time to see a pile of poop fall from him to the floor. I ran and grabbed him and we took off for the bathroom. I was carrying him sideways as I ran because poop was still falling down his leg, but in my haste I accidentally rammed his head right into the bathroom door! I am sure the neighbors heard his screams they were so loud, and we didn't even make to the toilet in time to finish going on the potty. So I had poop on my living room floor, my child's legs, and also some smashed on the outside of the toilet but no poop inside of it, and a screaming child on top of that. Lovely! I calmed my son down, cleaned up the mess with the help of my dear husband (who will probably be timing his entrance home a little better in the future) and realized that my child was not confused and he really did need to go potty. Oh the joys of potty training.

Oh, and while I was writing this he had to go again, and this time while he was sitting on the potty actually going, he leaned back against the seat causing the potty chair to flip over backwards and him to hit his head....again! Poor child, it will be a miracle if we make it through potty training without a concussion. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment